Having a blog on your website has countless benefits. It drives traffic to your site, it allows you to showcase your expertise and it keeps your website current, just to name a few.
The “build it and they will come” mentality doesn’t work for many things, and that includes your blog. Just because you post articles to your blog on a regular basis doesn’t mean they are going to get read. You’ll need to give your blog a little push to show it off and ensure the right audience is noticing it.
If you want to grow your blog readership and promote your content, consider implementing the following 10 tips:
- Write quality content. Don’t just push out a blog for the sake of writing it. Find out what is important to your customers, what their pain points are and what they find of value. Write about what they care about.
- Use key words. It’s nearly impossible for everyone to keep up with Google’s changing search engine rules, but it’s still important to focus on a few key words while writing your article. It may increase your chances of being found on a Google search, and it will help you to focus your writing.
- Encourage your readers to subscribe. Have a subscription form on your blog’s sidebar that readers use to sign up. When you publish a blog, your subscribers will be notified by email. They can click on the link provided in the email to read your latest blog post.
- Promote it through your social media channels. Each time you publish a blog article, announce it on social media and provide a link.
- Include social share buttons. Include these buttons somewhere on your blog page. Readers can click on it to share the article on their social media outlet of choice. This will increase your visibility.
- Publish new posts regularly. Your blog will need to be updated frequently in order for it to remain fresh and current. Whatever schedule you decide to post at, make it consistent.
- Include your blog url in your email signature. It will encourage the contacts you email to check it out.
- Engage and comment on other people’s blogs. A great way to foster a sense of community and increase followers is to comment, genuinely compliment and offer insights on other people’s blogs.
- Link to other blog articles. Within the content of your blog, link to other relevant blogs you have posted on your website. This will encourage your readers to check out other articles you have written, increase time on your website and decrease the bounce rate.
- Respond to comments timely. Building a loyal following means engaging with readers who have taken the time to comment. Even if the comment is negative, you should always respond. Comments on your blog also provide social proof to potential readers/subscribers that you are credible.
Having a blog on your website is a great a benefit, but making it successful is a great responsibility. Use these 10 suggestions to promote your hard work and quality content. It will help you gain credibility, increase your readership and ultimately secure more business.
If you’d like to receive my best advice, please join my mailing list: