The Three Musketeers, The Three Tenors, The Three Stooges. Many successful and famous things have come in three’s. And the same holds true for your business.
Three parts of your business form the perfect partnership. They are the perfect trio, supporting each other, complimenting each other, and together form a powerful marketing foundation.
They are your website, your blog, and your social media presence.
Independently, they are important. Together they produce results.
Your website is the online heart and soul of your business. It’s where you ultimately want your customers to end up, to learn more about you, your products or services, and how to contact you.
Through your website’s content and customer testimonials, you build trust and credibility. Your website is where conversion takes place. It’s where your customers will make their buying decision, purchase your products, or hire you for a service. The ultimate goal of all of your marketing efforts is to lead your customers to your website.
Your blog is composed of articles on your website that provide value to your customers. They are articles that contain helpful information that solves a problem, answers a question, or provides advice for your customers.
Blogs help build credibility and trust, because by providing this information, you become known as an expert and trusted professional in your industry.
Your Social Media Presence
Social media offers a great opportunity to connect and engage with your current and potential customers. By joining them on the social media platform they are on, you can provide tips, information and links to resources your customers will find helpful. Those resources should include your blog articles.
How the Trio Works Together
Think of your website, blog and social media trio as a funnel, with social media at the top of the funnel, leading to your blog in the center, and ultimately your website at the bottom, where your website visitors become customers. Here’s how they work as a team to benefit your business:
- Blogs improve website rankings. Search engines favor websites that publish fresh, updated content on a regular basis. By writing blogs for your website, you are improving your search engine rankings.
- Blogs lead customers to your website. Informative, well-written blogs containing information and words your customers are searching for will rank well in search engines. These blogs lead customers right to your website. While they are there, they may visit other pages or read other articles that are of interest to them. This helps with traffic to your website, and allows your reader to learn more about you and what you do.
- Use social media to promote your blogs. Links to your blogs make excellent social media content, because your articles are helpful, and readers that are interested in the topic will want to learn more. When your potential customers click on the link to your blog, they are taken to your website to read the article.
- Include social media share buttons on every blog article on your website. If your visitor likes the article and finds it helpful, he or she may share the article with their social media network, improving your exposure.
- Add social media follow buttons on each page of your website. This provides a quick and easy way for your visitors to follow or like you on your social media profiles.
Your website, blog and social media trio are a continuous, overlapping relationship. Make the most of your marketing efforts by connecting them. This will give you the opportunity to earn your visitors’ trust, and ultimately convert them into long-term, loyal customers.
If you’d like more information about how this perfect trio works together, please contact me or join my email list below.