Over the past five to ten years, the word “blog” has become a household word, and a fundamental part of our online culture. Blogs come in many forms – covering a range of topics from entertainment to hobbies, news to business.
Blogs are a valuable resource. When I need to learn more about a particular topic, the first step I take is to research the Internet, looking for blogs that are written about my topic of interest. I know others do that as well.
So as our society becomes more and more dependent upon the Internet for research and information, it’s increasingly important to have a blog for your business.
It just makes sense, because you want to be present in an environment where your customers are.
Here are eight reasons you should create a blog for your business.
- It brings more traffic to your website. When your readers click on your blog title in their search results, they are taken to your website. While they are there, they may read another page or two, improving the traffic and Google Analytic’s “sessions” and “bounce rates” of your site.
- It improves your SEO rankings. Google looks favorably upon websites that are updated frequently. A blog ensures that you are posting fresh content to your site on a regular basis. Do this on a set schedule, and you will improve your chances of appearing higher in a search.
- It demonstrates your commitment to consistency. It takes time and discipline to maintain a blog, and your audience will come to know and expect to hear from you. Being consistent with your blog posting shows that you are serious about your work, and you follow through with what you say you will do.
- It improves your credibility. A blog is a great way to showcase the vast amount of knowledge you have on a topic. By creating helpful blogs that your readers appreciate, you are becoming an expert in your field. And who wouldn’t want to buy from the expert?
- It’s a way to build followers. You can add a subscription form to your blog, so that your readers can signup to be notified each time a new blog article is published. This increases your following, and continues to help with traffic to your website.
- It helps you engage with your readers. By allowing comments on your blog, your readers can respond to questions or issues you discuss in your article. This is a great way to open conversation with your audience.
- It gives you content for your social media posts. A new blog post makes valuable social media content. Write a short summary of the blog, and provide a link.
- It improves your writing skills. As with anything, the more you practice, the better you will get. By writing blog posts on a consistent basis, you will become a faster, better and more articulate writer.
A blog is truly worth the effort it takes to create and maintain. So if you haven’t already, I encourage you to jump in with both feet and start blogging today. If you need help, contact me.
Did you find this post helpful? If so, please join my email list: